While adding a pool in VMware Horizon View Administrator, you may come across the situation where you get an error “unable to retrieve information from Active Directory for domain null”
The domain field drop-down may be empty and you cannot browse the container of your active directory using the “Browse..” button.
This happens when you did not add your domain by authenticating using domain admin credentials during configuring the View Composer settings.
To fix that
- In the VMware Horizon View Administrator Dashboard
- Under View Configuration drop-down, select servers
- Select your Vcenter server and click edit
- Select Edit under “View Composer Server Settings”
- Under Domains select “Verify Server Information”
- Add your domain
While adding domain you may get bad domain name error
- Login to the machine where you installed VIEW composer and Domain Server
- In the command Prompt navigate to windows/system32
- Do the netdom.exe trust and set the two way trust relationship
Software developer experience in building storage management and Data protection software for the Private and public cloud.
This is a personal weblog. The opinions expressed here represent my own and not those of my employer. my thoughts and opinions change from time to time… This weblog is intended to provide a semi-permanent point in time snapshot and manifestation of the various memes running around my brain, and as such any thoughts and opinions expressed within out-of-date posts may not the same, nor even similar, to those I may hold today.